Through an initial diagnostic test, an individualized study program is designed to ensure that every student is challenged while studying Kumon worksheets tailored to their just-right level.
Your child’s study behavior and progress will be continuously monitored and guided by our Kumon Instructors to encourage constant development of strong academic ability and important life skills.
Advancement Beyond School Grade Level
Kumon places great importance on self-learning, encouraging students to read the worksheets, think and complete exercises independently, thus allowing them to continuously learn at an advanced level.
- Through daily Kumon study, our Kumon Instructors prepare study materials that are designed to nurture the child to progress beyond their school grade level.
- Children develop greater confidence with tackling school work when they have already studied the relevant topics in Kumon.
The Kumon Worksheets
The Kumon worksheets have been carefully designed to facilitate advancement in small steps, enabling students to progress smoothly while learning at a level that is most appropriate for them. Examples and explanations are clearly provided when new topics are introduced, encouraging students to self-learn and advance independently.
With the aim of studying senior school materials with ease, the structure of the worksheets allows students to overcome challenges and enhance their knowledge.
Kumon Instructors support each student in developing his or her self-learning ability.
- We focus on each student individually, paying careful attention to their academic ability, personality, and how they solve the worksheets.
- We provide continuous guidance to ensure that each child learns at the just-right level.
Each child receives an individualised study plan that is unique to their ability. This plan allows parents to be kept up to date on their child’s progress.
Developing Daily Study Habits
Kumon students complete worksheets on a daily basis. This allows your child to develop a daily study routine, so that learning becomes second nature in their academic development.
- Worksheet study is carried out within the Kumon Center and at home so you will be able to observe your child’s growth and development.
- Through the daily study, your child will be picking up life skills such as self-discipline and time management, which will be useful in character development for their future.
Our individualized self-learning method ensures that every child progresses at a level that matches their ability. This means that your child can advance beyond their school grade level, with our carefully-designed learning materials that take students from preschool to university.
Students who need more time to learn feel less pressured, while students who excel are given more complex study materials to challenge themselves. This gives every child a boost of confidence in knowing that they are continuously progressing at a pace suitable for their learning ability.
The Kumon worksheets are designed to foster self-learning and independent study, where students are taught to solve problems by themselves.
There are sufficient examples and explanations within each worksheet to encourage students to ask and answer questions on their own. When students complete the worksheets, they learn how to set goals, and solve unfamiliar and challenging tasks, developing independence and tenacity in your child’s character.
Gain Life Skills
Apart from the world of academia, Kumon believes in developing important life skills through the Kumon Method.
Picking up skills such as self-discipline and time management, they also gain confidence in their abilities, a healthy level of self-esteem, and a drive to overcome challenges.
Kumon’s approach to education prepares students for their future, ensuring they excel in the classroom and possess essential life skills to pursue their dreams and aspirations.
Maths is a subject that requires an accumulation of knowledge through practice. While enhancing their calculation skills, students also cultivate their mathematical analysis and logical thinking abilities which will be indispensable in their lives in the future. This leads them to develop the ability to solve various problems that they will face after entering the real world.
- Develop mental calculation and reasoning skills
- Improve students’ problem-solving techniques
- Prepare students for advanced mathematics
The goal of the English as a Foreign Language Program (EFL) is to develop advanced level reading comprehension ability. The program has been designed for non-native English speakers and structured in a manner to cultivate enjoyment in reading English materials. As students advance, they acquire the skills for self-learning while developing strong reading comprehension ability within the English language.
- Students’ strong reading comprehension skills and interest in reading are the fundamentals of the program, which will enable them to read widely and with confidence.
- Students have chance to further enhance their pronunciation through listening to native speakers in CDs
- The curriculum has a wide range of topics such as daily conversations, stories, extracts of famous books, etc…
Doing Kumon isn’t an overnight thing. It takes time to get through the levels and to complete it in its entirety. This helps me to understand that there’s no easy path to success if I am to achieve my goals in life. Give Kumon a go, keep striving towards the goal of completing the program because it’s one of the best lessons you can learn.
Marita Cheng (Australia)
Kumon has definitely inculcated very good habits in Yae Ting. She does the worksheets because she wants to read the stories. She is also studying at a level that is beyond her age.
Chew Yae Ting’s Parents (Singapore)
Kumon is really good because school is like a refresher for me. I’ve learned most of the maths in Kumon and I can learn new things quicker. Sometimes the Kumon work can be a bit difficult but you have to get used to being challenged because in life, nothing good comes easy!
Lochlan Roberts (New Zealand)
Kumon taught Theodore that the key to success is hard work, and we believe he will take that forward in his future endeavours.
Theodore Abara’s Parents (Philippines)
I like Kumon English because every worksheet has its own story. Besides serving as interesting reading material, it helps to broaden my vocabulary and improve my general knowledge.
Set Jing Ying (Malaysia)
Kumon makes my study at school easier by allowing me to study the topics beforehand. Whenever I am faced with difficulties, I will study the examples or ask my Instructor if necessary.
Pichayuth Opaso (Thailand)
These days, I find it easy to do maths because of my study in Kumon. Learning in Kumon has also helped me to get the Monbugakubusho scholarship which gave me the opportunity to attend university in Tokyo.
Kumon has helped me develop good time management, self-confidence and useful self-study skills. I also learn to confront challenges confidently while learning at a level that is just right for me.
Dang Thai Thanh Trang (Vietnam)
Kumon takes away the fear of studying and helps you realise that you can do it! As soon as I have found out that I have actually completed the Kumon Programme, I felt really proud and happy for myself. When my classmates ask me how I can be so good at maths, I always tell them, go to Kumon!
Yuvraj Yadav (India)
Kumon students range from preschoolers to high school students and in some cases adults.
Through studying with the Kumon Method, your child will experience the joy of learning and the discipline for daily study will be instilled with good study habits.
Self-learning means that students study worksheets and correct their own mistakes independently. The instructor observes how each student studies, plans and assigns worksheets, motivates and guides the students by giving subtle hints.
Kumon will help your child improve his or her school grade through the academic knowledge and work skills gained through studying topics beyond school grade level.
Through Kumon, your child is able to develop reading comprehension ability, strong calculation ability and analytical ability which are the essential abilities in order to solve problem sums.
Kumon is an independent, self-study curriculum. By studying at a level that is appropriate to the child’s ability, the child will be able to advance beyond his or her school grade level without being specifically taught.
Terms & Conditions
- Offers are available for both subjects at all Kumon Vietnam Centers from Jun 1st to Aug 31st (not valid with other promotions)
- New students get 50% off the first month tuition and Kumon raincoat when paying enrollment fee
- Students get a Kumon raincoat when making payment for tuition of June
- Parents get a pencil gift set when recommending new students to pay enrollment fee
- For further information, please contact the nearest Center or call us via Hotline 1900 54 54 24